Buy Electricity for Business Singapore | Live Auction Platform | PowerSelect
News Banner Content
News Details Portlet
Register by clicking here.
Valid from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021.
Applicable to the first 100 new business accounts who complete the procurement process of their electricity plans through a live auction on PowerSelect during the promotion period.
The relevant successful electricity period must commence within 3 months from the date of the Matched Transaction.
Terms & Conditions
1.1. “Promotion Period” means the period commencing from 1 June 2020 and ending on 31 May 2021, both days inclusive.
1.2. “PowerSelect” means the electronic retail platform operated by Energy Market Company Pte Ltd (“EMC”).
1.3. “Citibank” refers to Citibank Singapore Limited.
1.4. “Citi Commercial Card” refers to Citibank CitiBusiness Visa Card, Citibank Business Visa Card, Citibank Business Gold Visa Card, Citibank Corporate Gold Visa Card, Citibank Corporate Visa Card, Citibank Purchasing Visa Card excluding Citibank Travel Account (CTA) and Citibank Travel Lodge Card (CTLC).
1.5. “Eligible Customers” refers to an organization or business entity who:
a. currently holds at least a valid Citi Commercial Card;
b. is classified as a “Non-Domestic” account by SP Group;
c. is eligible to become a contestable consumer under the Open Electricity Market (https://www.openelectricitymarket.sg/business/purchase-options/eligibility-check.html); and
d. has an average monthly electricity consumption of at least 10,000 kWh.
1.6. “Matched Transaction” refers to the successful matching of a transaction relating to the sale of electricity between retail electricity licensees (“Retailer”) and Eligible Customers through the PowerSelect platform and when payment is made with Citi Commercial Card on a recurring basis for the duration of the contract with the winning Retailer.
1.7. “Promotion Gift” refers to vouchers from Takashimaya Singapore Ltd issued by EMC to an Eligible Customer, based on the tiered amount:
a. $150 for an average monthly electricity consumption between 10,000 kWh to 50,000 kWh for a contractual period of at least 12 months; or
b. $250 for an average monthly electricity consumption between 10,000 kWh to 50,000 kWh for a contractual period of at least 24 months; or
c. $200 for an average monthly electricity consumption of above 50,000 kWh for a contractual period of at least 12 months; or
d. $300 for an average monthly electricity consumption of above 50,000 kWh for a contractual period of at least 24 months.
2. This promotion is not applicable or valid with any other promotions, offers or discounts unless otherwise stated.
3. This promotion is valid for the first 100 successful sign ups by Eligible Customers only during the Promotion Period.
4. An Eligible Customer is entitled to this promotion if the following conditions are met:
a. registers a new account with PowerSelect;
b. has completed a Matched Transaction and successfully secured an electricity retail agreement with a contract period of minimum 12 months through a live auction during the Promotion Period;
c. payment is made with Citi Commercial Card on a recurring basis for the duration of the contract with the winning Retailer;
d. has subsequently executed the electricity retail agreement; and
e. the start date of electricity retail period should commence within 3 months from the date of the Matched Transaction.
5. Each Eligible Customer will be entitled to the Promotion Gift upon the start date of the contract period under the electricity retail agreement with the matched electricity retailer referred to in Clause 4(d) above. EMC will prepare the vouchers to the Customer within 4 weeks upon the start date of the contract period
6. EMC will contact the Customer, informing him/her that the vouchers are ready and will check with them when will be the best day for them to receive the vouchers. After the Customer has decided on the date to receive the vouchers, EMC will arrange for a 2-way courier service to send the voucher and the customer is required to endorse an acknowledgement letter for EMC’s internal compliance requirement.
7. The Promotion Gift cannot be converted to or exchanged for cash or be transferred, assigned or paid to any other person in any manner whatsoever. The use of the Promotion Gift is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by Takashimaya Singapore Ltd (in the case of Takashimaya vouchers). EMC is not an agent of Takashimaya Singapore Ltd and vice versa, and EMC shall not be responsible for the quality, merchantability or the fitness for any purpose or any other aspect of the products and/or services provided by Takashimaya Singapore Ltd. Any dispute about the quality or service standards of Takashimaya Singapore Ltd must be resolved directly with Takashimaya Singapore Ltd.
8. For multiple premises under the same legal entity, the promotion will only apply for one account under the same legal entity. Each Eligible Customer will only be entitled to one (1) time Promotion Gift regardless of the number of new matched transactions during the Promotion Period.
9. EMC reserves the right to amend, suspend, withdraw, vary or terminate the promotion, including but not limited to replacing the Promotion Gift with another promotion of similar value at its absolute discretion, and to, vary, add to, or delete any of these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, including not but limited to the eligibility requirements and the Promotion Period.
10. EMC’s decision on all matters relating to this promotion will be at its absolute discretion and will be final and binding on all customers. EMC shall not be liable for any losses, claims, damages and/or liabilities whatsoever that an Eligible Customer or any of its representatives may incur or suffer in connection with the promotion, including any variations or decisions made in respect of the promotion.
11. Participation in this promotion shall constitute acceptance of all these terms and conditions and any amendments thereof.
Version: Dated 1st June 2020